Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Knitted Ear Warmer

Hello Knitters!

I'm sorry this week post is a few days late! My sister had her babies this weekend at 35 week along! Two sweet little identical boys came into our lives! i would post a picture, but I'm honestly not sure how my sister would feel about that and nephews or not, I don't think it's my place to post it. Though I do so reluctantly because they are so adorable!

I also had to finish some knitting and sewing for an order I received this week! In all the excitement and being so busy in my free time I simply forgot to post! So again I'm sorry

Since I've been so busy this week, I wasn't able to have time to do very much of my own knitting, which I have a quite a lot of to do it seems.

However when I did get a chance my daughter did her best to help! Miss little is taking off  development wise and is becoming quite the cute handful and always wants to be the center of attention. I have conquered this little hurdle by incorporating her into my knitting if I have too. As you can see this is easier said then done!


Honestly though she absolutely love sitting on my lap and watching me knit. She was entranced by it, well until she wasn't any more. You can only expect a five month old to watch knitting for so long, but I'm secretly hoping that this will some how make her want to knit in her future! My boys already want to know, especially my oldest, but he tends to lose interest pretty quickly, but he has some basics down, so I have hope that he will eventually take off with it. You never know!

Any way, I did get my order finished, a sweet little elephant that I'm pretty please with, however I think I may not want to do made to order orders anymore. I had two this week, one crib sheet, which I won't go into too much detail since this is a knitting blog and not a sewing blog, and that elephant. I enjoyed making both, and there wouldn't have been a problem had life not gotten in the way! However that's the joy of life, letting it get in the way!

This elephant gave me quite a bit of trouble and took a lot of coffee to complete, but he came through eventually and now he's ready to be sent off to the East coast!




I do love how they turn out, they are super cute! All my children have their own and I think except for crib sheets and mittens, I get asked to make these for people more than anything else!



I did also make a headband, I apologize the pictures are not all that amazing. It's a simple ear warmer/ headband, easy and knit in the flat! I made it to cover my ears when I take the boys to the bus stop in the morning when it gets cold! 



It's a pretty simple knit! I'll post the pattern below for you!

This week has been absolutely crazy, but also very productive so until next time knitters! As always feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!







  





Cabled Ear Warmers

With US size 7 needles, using bulky yarn of choice. Cast on 20 Stitches in cast on of choice.

1st row- Knit 3, purl 3, knit 8, purl 3, knit 3
2nd row- Purl 6, knit 8, purl 6

Repeat these two rows 4 times ending on purl row

 9th row - knit 3, purl 3, slip 4 stitches to cable needle, leave in front, knit 4 stitches from back needle, knit stitches from the cable needle, purl 3, knit 3

Repeat row 1-9 10 times, or as to fit your own head.

Knit last row once. Do not cast off. Kitchener stitch your live stitches to other end, this creates a seamless look




 



6 comments:

  1. There must be an error in the pattern - first of all it says to cast on 24 stitches but only 20 stitches are in each row. Secondly, the pattern doesn't follow correctly since the first row following the ninth changes the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct! How frustrating for everyone trying to knit it up! Nothing worse this a incorrect pattern! I apologize it took me so long to get back to you! I am going to fix this pattern right away! It may take me a bit as I plan on knitting this up this weekend to make sure I get it right! Thank you so much for letting me know! This is why I need to knit a pattern I've written AFTER I've written it. Thank you so much again for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to knit this pattern but I wasn't sure if the errors that were pointed out have been fixed yet or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't knitted this yet but see that there is an error in the beginning..need to cast on with a cast on that will let you pick up those stitches so you can weave/kitchner stitch at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more. Ravens Game

    ReplyDelete