Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A wonderful website

I'm going to mention a wonderful site called Raverly.com.

You can find quite a few patterns for both knitted and crocheting and while I don't crochet very often, because I'm terrible at it, the knitting patterns I have found have been great! 

While you do have to pay for some of them, you can find quite a lot for free. I have found Raverly a absolute staple in my knitting journey and you can find everything from children knits to knitted rug patterns, to dog sweaters, to socks, It really is one of the best sites I have found so far to find patterns made by others as well as patterns that are published. You also can publish patterns if your so inclined to do so.

Here is a lovely link to one of my favorites called Recipe For a Rustic Jacket pattern by Mona NicLeoid, and it's free too!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/recipe-for-a-rustic-jacket

I have a real and immense love for cables, as you will see in my knitting, and if I can find one for my boys I'm in heaven. 

I do believe this can be for both boys and girls and it can be fitted to anyone, which means if you are the daring sort, you can create one for everyone in your family. 

Can anyone say family pictures!

The pattern is quite detailed though nothing like any other pattern I have encountered, and is in fact is a tutorial with detailed pictures and it walks you through every step, and includes pictures and very detailed instructions on how to create the perfect jacket. 

You do need at least basic knowledge of how to knit and purl, as well as how to cable, (Which if you have never done a cable pattern, is much simpler than it looks) I think a beginner with that kind of basic knowledge under their belt shouldn't have too much trouble with it, and it gives you room to experiment and create the perfect jacket for the little boy in your life!  

 I hope you enjoy this pattern as well as ravelry.com, and if you are any thing like me, I apologize in advance for the many hours you will waste discovering new patterns there, though not for the many projects you will enjoy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment